Friday, November 16, 2007

Commuting by Bicycle

My commute by bike one way is about 29 miles one way. Time wise the bike portion of the commute is about 1 hour 30 minutes give or take 15 minutes. The round trip commute makes for a good workout.

The commute is basically a flat ride with the exception of the short climb on the Dumbarton Bridge. Most of the commute is on the San Francisco Bay Trail with some portions of the ride that require me to use the public roadways.

With the use of my Garmin 305 HR GPS unit, I finally made time to plot my route with pictures on EveryTrail.

You can see my route with pictures here at Bike Commute at EveryTrail

Map created by EveryTrail: GPS Travel Community

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Bob- Awesome Blog! I love your StumpJump bike…seems that it has some useful/practical capabilities but a bit limited in the amount/number of miles you can use it. You used this bike on previous Death Rides?

Hey, would be nice to put a section of “hot deals”…bike stuff that is.