Sunday, November 2, 2008

1st Ride for November

With the daylight savings time change and an extra hour sleep, Sunday turned out to be a good day for a ride. It had been raining pretty good the last few days and I needed to get out stretch my legs.

My local bike club, Siclista California, had a short/easy 33 mile ride scheduled for today, so I decided to add to it by biking to the meeting location from my house 16 miles away. Thinking it was going to be a chilly morning ride, I decided to layer up for the ride. Man was I wrong! First off, I started late so I was forced to ride hard to make sure I got to the meeting place before they took off. I did make it with a good 10 minutes to spare, but I was overheating big time. I could see the steam emanating from my body while waiting for the rest of the riders to show up.

We ended up with a group of 7 riders. Either the late night heavy rain scared off the riders or they just wanted to take advantage of the extra hour of sleep (I don't blame them!). I ended up with a good 45mi ride.

1 comment:

RHAYWARD said...

good ride...nowit s timeto g et back out there