Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Tire Change

My rear tire on my Eddy Merckx is finally at the end of life. The tire is square edged and bare threads are showing through. It wouldn't be much longer before it would puncture or I take a turn hard and go down. Its time for a tire change.

Over 2800 miles on this one!

As I stated in a previous post, I was wondering if it was better to buy 3 tires at a time or two. This will be my first application of using a three tire method. The tires, Vredestein Fortezzas, have over 2800 miles on them. I will be replacing the rear tire and leaving the front unchanged. It is my hope that by the time I wear the rear one out I will need a whole new set. My expectation is the get a minimum of 5000 miles on a set of 3 tires. This might be a bit of a stretch, but it is my hope. Time to put it to the test.

The 3rd tire of the set mounted and ready.

No comments: